When I travel I really love tasting all kind of street foods, ye right, the cheap stuff you get from those guys with carts. So here it is – my top 5 street food (and I haven’t been to Asia yet – imagine that)
1. Chicken Shish Kebab in Istanbul – we tried it when arriving to Anadolu Kavagi (after a short boat ride on the Bosphorus river) and it was so good (and since it was also really cheap we immediately had another one).
2. Nurnberger Original – these are long hot dogs (but which actually taste good, like meat and not like crap) – you can get them all over Nurnberg on carts for like 2 Euros each.
3. Turkish pretzel – available throughout Istanbul for less than a Dollar.
4. Giant licorice on candy stand all around Sweden and Norway – they are like 70 CM long and you can get them in every color you can think of
5. Square Pizza in Italy (in my case it was Florence but i think you can find it elsewhere as well) – really tasty and really thick.
Since I am a big junk food fan – I guess I will have more fast food related lists soon.