I thought about writing down some traveling tips i think are worth to know before heading out for your next trip, obviously, not in all cases the tip is relevant.
1. Student card – if you are a student (or can get a student card) it is worth to issue the international student card before your trip, these are not pricey and in most cases (mainly in Europe) will save you some money.
2. Mainly in the USA and Canad, especially if you travel there a lot or you there for a long trip, register on the supermarkets chains for a membership cards – its free and it gives some nice discounts, and due to the fact these are chains you can use this card during the rest of your trip (or trips) wherever you go (I issued cards for safeway(which also includes vons) Rogers and many others), in some cases there are gas station located right outside these places and the card also gives you a discount on gas.
3. Usually at the beginning of my trip (mainly in north America) i buy a large water container (2+gallons) and then i place it in my car, during the night time – it gets cold then in the morning i fill my smaller bottles with it, once the container is empty, you can fill it up on almost every supermarket for very low price.
4. Internet- Usually you can get free internet in public libraries, in few cities I visited these libraries, they are always super friendly and willing to help with anything.
5. Coupons – there are a lot of coupons and it is always smart to check what they offering. I especially like the roomsavers coupons book which you can find on fast food chains – there is usually a stand at the entrance with the coupons for the surrounding states.
6. In the USA, if you are going to visit more than 3 national parks, it is better to buy the national parks pass, it is valid for one year and costs about the same price as entering 3 parks or so (depends on the parks)